Monday, October 9, 2017

Saying Yes.

Five years ago today, I was asked a question that every little girl dreams about. I was asked "Will You Marry Me?" on the beautiful white sand of 30A at Blue Mountain Beach. Time stood still as I said "YES!"





In a couple weeks we will "celebrate" four years of marriage. Im sure it will be just another day of the year. We haven't gone on a date in months-I'm not talking about a couple months... I'm talking like way over due months. On that note- anyone want to come babysit my sweet children?  The past 5 years together have brought love, hope, joy, heartache, pain, and unfortunately resentment (a word that should never be used in a marriage). We have TWO beautiful babies and for that I am so very blessed and grateful-they are my everything.


Marriage is hard work y'all. I've heard it over and over again from experienced couples but it is so true. I'm going to be REAL honest- the past year and a half have been tough. There have been numerous nights I've cried myself to sleep, skipped meals, and questioned our future. You know what I've come to realize? I'm NOT ALONE! One of you that's reading this right now is hurting too and your in a broken relationship-tired of feeing weighed down and unloved. But you know what?! God is with us- he is right there holding our hand through ALL of life's storms, and His love is unfailing!

Today my prayer is for those who have just taken that next step and said "Yes!" to their soon to be spouse. I pray that your foundation is built on trust, honesty, love, and most importantly with God! I pray that those newly engaged couples realize how blessed they are and how difficult marriage can be if you don't give the other person your best but also how amazing and wonderful it can be when you never lose sight of how you fell in love to begin with,  praying for wedding planning to go smoothly, and praying for the new marriages to glorify God. Join me in lifting engaged couples up in prayer today.

I'll leave you with this..

My absolute favorite song right now is by Lauren Daigle "Oh Lord"- here's just a little bit of it, but please go look it up and listen to it!

Oh, O'Lord O'Lord I know You hear my cry
Your love is lifting me above all the lies
No matter what I face this I know in time
You'll take all that is wrong and make it right
You'll take all that is wrong and make it right
Your strength is found
At the end of my road
Your grace it reaches to the hurting
Still through the tears and the questioning why
I will stand my ground where hope can be found
I will stand my ground where hope can be found


1 comment:

  1. Once you provide the needed information and bitcoin to bank account amount, we exchange and send you the money instantly.

    ReplyDelete