Sunday, September 26, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up

This weekend was such a great weekend! I can't believe how good it was :) It was relaxing and wonderful!
Friday- I had the day off :) Momma and I took Chloe to the groomers. She is such a pretty girl with her hot pink nail polish! Momma and I also went shopping to find an outfit for me to wear on Sunday. After some 'mocha frappes', we had NO luck until the afternoon at the LAST place we went to for a dress. Friday night was a relaxing one spent at home doing math homework and eating dinner with Momma.

Saturday- I worked all day Saturday and had to hear the Alabama-Arkansas score through customers that walked in the door. Let me just say that we had some pretty upset BAMA fans walk in the doors at halftime! Anyone see the game? I know there are plenty of bloggers from Arkansas reading this, and let me just say..I heard ya'll did great!! I hate I couldn't watch it!


After work, I drove to Ryan's house to watch the AUBURN game!! Auburn played South Carolina, and it was a very good game to watch..scary at times, but a good one. All I have to say is WAR EAGLE!


Sunday- I woke up and went to Sunday School and had an amazing lesson and I am looking forward to Bible Study on Tuesday night after work! My Sunday School class has lots of exciting things planned in the near future, and I can't wait. After church, Ryan picked me up at the house and we went to a Republican Candidate BBQ that his grandmother is in charge of and put together:)
*There were around 20 Republican candidates who are in office or either running for office who spoke at this event. It was planned to be outside at the park, but because of the rain it was moved to the civic center. Thankfully, it was moved there just in time! It poured all afternoon!! Alabama has needed the wonderful rain we recieved today :)

*Some candidates that spoke were Dr.Bentley for Governor, Kay Ivey for Lt. Governor, Young Boozer for Treasurer, Martha Roby U.S. Congress, and MANY more.
After meeting his family and meeting the candidates, we enjoyed the afternoon/evening watching a little bit of Sunday football and eating dinner with my momma and playing a hand of Phase 10.
I hope everyone has a great week this week! I am SO ready for a beach trip this weekend :) Also, cooler weather will be in Alabama this week..at least that's what the weather man says!
-Lindsay

3 comments:

  1. Super cut picture of y'all!

    Glad you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great weekend, full of so much fun and loads of activities. And, your dress is cute as can be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great picture! Y'all are one good-looking couple! Sounds like you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete