1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?HOT CHOCOLATE with lots of marshmallows for me please!! I am NOT an eggnog person.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Santa has been wrapping presents for my household ever since I was born :) Santa always puts the wrapped presents under my tree while I'm asleep on Christmas Eve. Santa even individually wraps everything in my stocking :) My mom actually has the NERVE to ask me this year if she could put Santa presents under the tree under as she wraps them instead of just Christmas Eve. I told her NO WAY!! :) Santa has always put presents under the tree when he "comes" on Christmas Eve and he always will, no matter how old my brother and I get :)
3. Colored lights or white lights on tree/house?
I grew up living in a colored lit house during my childhood! The old fashion large colored bulbs with blue, green, red, orange, and yellow :) A large nativity scene was always displayed in our front yard too! Our tree growing up always had colored lights on it as well! For the past few years we have become more traditioinal with white lights outside with pretty wreaths on the windows and white light deer that move in the front yard. Our tree is also decorated with white lights
4. Do you have Mistletoe?
We do not have mistletoe in my house, I don't think we ever have, once I think about it..
5. When do you put your decorations up?We never put our decorations up before Thanksgiving. Usually they are up the weekend after Thanksgiving or during the week after!
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Our Christmas Eve dinner is always a lasagna dinner with family and lots of desserts afterwards. Our Christmas day dinner changes every year. We have the usual Ham, Turkey, many casseroles and salads. I don't think I can choose one favorite holiday dish. I am more of a casserole girl though :)
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?
I have so many holiday memories as a child that I will forever hold dear in my heart!! One night on Christmas Eve when I was around 5 or 6 years old I got a real phone call from Santa!! It was the neatest thing! He called and asked if I was a good girl and if I was going to leave cookies and milk for him and carrots for the reindeer. He also told me I needed to make sure I would go to sleep early that night because he would only come in I was asleep. Another holiday memory is that every Christmas my mommy would get a basket and put all of our Christmas childrens books in there so we could read them all month long! Of course she would always read two or three to me each night before bed and then scratch my back while singing "Away In a Manger". Another holiday memory is that on Christmas morning I would always be the first one up, I'd run in the living room to see what Santa brought and then RUN and wake my brother up, then wake up my parents :) The magic of Christmas is so wonderful as a child!!
8. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
After my family leaves Christmas Eve dinner, my immediate family opens gifts from one another. Examples: To Mom From Lindsay, To Lindsay From Dad..etc :) We would sit around on the floor in a circle and I would distribute the gifts and then everyone would open their gifts one at a time from me. Then everyone would open their gifts from Momma...etc. After that we opened gifts from my granparents who live in Pennsylvania. They always send gifts for us to open then too!
9. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I don't really remember how I learned the truth about Santa, I think I just thought he wasn't real because of what kids said at school but I didn't let that bother me for a couple years and then after awhile I just knew. It's kind of a blur. But the spirit of "Santa" is still in my heart :) My momma still writes To:Lindsay From: Santa on my gifts :)
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
A mixture of ornaments are on our tree in the living room. A tradition we have is that every year my parents give my brother and I an ornament for the tree :) Usually we are given a Hallmark ornament or an ornament that signifies something we've done that past year. My tree in my room is decorated in vibrant wild colors like hot pink, lime, turquoise, yellow, purple, and orange. It is super cute! My memaw even helped me make my tree skirt :)
11. Snow! Love it or Hate it?
I love it! However, I'm sure I might get tired of it easily if I had to drive in it!! It has only snowed 2x in Southern Alabama since I've been alive. I have been snow skiing up north though to experience more than 2 inches :)
12. Can you ice skate?
I have no clue! I have never ice skated before and I'm sure it would take me awhile to learn!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
I have quite a few favorite gifts that I've recieved that were my favorites!! Chloe is such a precious gift! I got her 4 years ago for Christmas :) One Christmas I also recieved a Lee Middleton baby doll that I wanted so badly! I named her Caroline and still have her!
14. What is the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Spending time with my family is always the most important thing about the Holidays to me!!!
15. What tops your tree?Usually we have an angel that sits on top of our tree, but this year both trees have glittery sticks on top :)
16. What's your favorite holiday tradition?Christmas Eve is my favorite tradition. The Christmas Eve dinner with family and the christmas movies we watch and games we play that night. I just love the fact that everyone is together for Christmas :)
17. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
I prefer GIVING any day!! I love shopping for family members and friends! I also love shopping for those less fortunate like Operation Christmas Child!!
18. What is your favorite holiday desert?ROCKY ROAD FUDGE!!! My mommy has already made me 2 batches since Dec.1st It is amazing and Christmastime isn't complete without it!
19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
I don't really have a certain favorite Christmas song right now, but when I was little it was "Away In A Manger", probably because my momma used to sing it to me.
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?
It took me a long time to actually eat candy canes! When I was little, I only ate the multi-colored fruity candy canes, but now I like the regular peppermint ones!!
21. What is your favorite Christmas special/ movie?
I LOVE Christmas movies!! I watch them all year long!! Some include The Grinch, ELF, The Santa Clause Movie, All I Want For Christmas, A Christmas Story, Christmas Vacation, and The Holiday
I hope ya'll enjoyed reading about my Christmas Questionaire!! Let me know if any of ya'll decide to do this, so I can go see your answers!!