Monday, January 16, 2012

Seek God's Presence

Happy Monday! I am super excited that I have the day off today and no class tonight in observance of MLK! I will spend the day doing some math homework, reading some poems for a world lit class and having a movie date with my momma :).

As I posted earlier, I have started a new devotional for  the upcoming year! I am loving it so far and enjoy reading it everyday and learning about new and better ways I can LOVE God, LOVE others, and LOVE myself! I figured I would share a few with you guys throughout the year, some that jump out at me and/or some key quotes and sayings that I've read.Maybe they will jump out at you too!

Seek God's Presence
I drove away from my mind everything capable of spoiling the sense of the presence of God...I just make it my business to persevere in His holy presence.   BROTHER LAWRENCE

    "One of the most important lessons we can learn is to seek God's face (who he is) and not just his hand (what He can do for us). Learning this is vital to our strength as believers and to our love walk with God.
    This was a major lesson for me. I had to learn and enjoy God's presence, not focus on what He was doing or not doing for me...Previously, I had always felt that something was missing in my walk with the Lord. I found it all in His presence, not in His "presents".
    The Lord was doing a lot for me, yet I was still dissatisfied. God had established a relationship with me by doing things for me. Now it was time to take a step of maturity by seeking to do His will, not just seeking Him for what He could do for me. I was enjoying God's provision, but I had not learned simply to enjoy his presence.
...I do ask God for things I desire, but I spend much more time praising and thanking Him, loving and adoring Him, sitting in His presence, and enjoying Him, than I ever do making personal requests. He knows the desires of our hearts, and as we delight ourselves in Him, He will give them to us, just as He promised in His Word."

Love God Today: "Lord, I will seek your presence above everything else."

I find it VERY important to wake up every morning Thanking God and going to bed every night thanking God. I was told once to be sure I thanked God FOR EVERYTHING. What if you woke up one morning and everything that you didn't thank God for wasn't there anymore? I always thank Him forthe roof over my head, car in the driveway, friends and family who love me, food in the fridge, an education, a job, and my sweet puppy Chloe.

God gives us 86,400 seconds a day...have you used one to say Thank You?

In case your wondering, the devotional I have is 'Love Out Loud' by JOYCE MEYER.

Have a FABULOUS week!
-Lindsay

1 comment:

  1. Loved your post! By the way, Im from Mobile Alabama! Found your site today and I look forward to reading more! Erica

    ReplyDelete