Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine Sweets!

Today has been such a BEAUTIFUL day in south Alabama!! The sun is shining, a light breeze is blowing, and everything is just gorgeous! After church this morning I took Chloe outside for about an hour to play and let her "sit". She loves just finding a spot in the yard and "sunbathing"! I decided to bake some goodies for my momma and for the girls she works with at the hospital.

First, I made some regular sugar cookies with red sprinkles.
After looking through the baking cabinet, I found some PEPPERMINT extract and some peppermints! I decided to use the remining sugar dough and try to experiment....this is what I came up with!
You can't make Valentine treats without chocolate, so I opted for some HEART shaped chocolate chip cookies!! I just knew these cute HEARTS had to have some good tasting icing!!
Have a great Valentine's Day and don't forget that we should show people that we love and care for them EVERYDAY!!!
-Lindsay

6 comments:

  1. Great post! Everything thing looks delicious!

    ~www.thealyway.blogspot.com~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo yummy! You should send me some ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum! love anything peppermint-y! and that is such a cute platter for the cookies :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look very festive and delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY ♥ DAY TOO FRIEND!

    I LOVE THE CHOC CHIP HEART COOKIE...SEND IT OVER! :o)

    ReplyDelete