Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Abbeville Lunch

Happy Tuesday!!

In the last post I mentioned how Momma and I went to Headland, AL for the morning and have some fun! Well after leaving the Headland festival we decided to pay good ol' Abbeville a visit and eat some lunch at a super cute place called Huggin' Molly's. Please visit their website (there's a super cute story) and IF YOUR EVER IN TOWN...go visit!! They have fried green tomatoes, fried dill pickles, fried onion rings, homemade potato chips, hot dogs, chili dogs, AWESOME chicken fingers, sandwiches, soups, etc.! Everything is southern..even down to the yummy desserts! Huggin Molly's closes at like 3 and reopens at like 4:30 to serve a more formal dinner menu.
 We walked out after eating our SCRUMTIOUS Southern lunch and saw this little guy getting a peek of what was inside..just hoping someone would give him a chicken finger! How stinkin' cute!!
Momma and I decided to walk downtown some more into a couple shops before headed back home. When I was little my mom and dad bought my shoes from "Buster Brown". Anyone else remember Buster Brown shoes?? Look at this AWESOME sign above the shoe store!!

Here's an Initial Keychain I got at a little shop downtown..I was long overdue for a new keychain!
 I just LOVE this old theatre and its "Welcome to Abbeville"! I love just thinking about decades ago when people went to a "show" there! If those brick walls could talk, I bet it would have TONS of stories!!
If you plan on visiting Abbeville, AL this summer, you should think about going to FREE movies on the Community Center lawn! Bring your lawn chairs for a free showing outside of some new movies! How neat would this be!! They are even selling low-cost concessions!!

Have a FANTASTIC week!
-Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment