Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Yummy!!

Guess what I just made? A DECADENT PEANUT BUTTER PIE! I came across this recipe last week and just knew that i would be making it soon! I absolutely LOVE anything that has to involve peanut butter or peanuts! I could eat peanut butter out of the jar with a spoon! (wait a minute..i already do that :).hehe)

This is really yummy and you should all try it! It is really simple and easy to make!

Decadent Peanut Butter Pie

Ingredients: 1 cup Jiff Creamy Peanut Butter, plus 2 tablespoons, divided

1 (8oz.) package cream cheese, softened

1/2 cup sugar

1 (12oz.) container frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided

1 prepared chocolate pie crust

1 (11.75 oz) jar Smucker's Hot Fudge Spoonable Ice Cream Topping, divided

Directions: 1. Beat together 1 cup peanut butter, cream cheese, and sugar in large bowl with an electric mixer on medium until well combined. Gently mix in 3 cups whipped topping until thoroughly combined. Spoon mixture into pie crust. Using a spatula, smooth mixture to edges of pie.


2.Reserve 2 tablespoons of hot fudge topping in the corner of a resealable food storage bag; set aside. Microwave remaining topping on HIGH for 1 minute. Stir. Spread topping over pie, covering entire peanut butter layer. Refrigerate until set. Spread remaining whipped topping (1 and 1/2 cups) over hot fudge layer, being careful not to mix the two layers.


3. Cut a small corner from bag containing topping. Squezze bag to drizzle topping over pie. Place remaining 2 tablespoons peanut butter in a resealable food storage bag; cut bag corner and squeeze to drizzle in opposite direction from topping. Refrigerate until readt to serve!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cora and Holly guessed correctly on what the project was I made. It's an antique tray which I polished and then painted chalkboard paint in the center. I'm happy with how it turned out and so is my mom. She has it on top of the refrigerator for now, and we will use it at Thanksgiving and Christmas to display the 'Menu' and also to keep messages on!


What do you think? I used 'Chalk Ink' found at Micheal's. Hobby Lobby probably has them as well!

Cora at Heartfelt and Homemade will be having some lovely stuff at a local craft show this Saturday! Be sure to check out her blogs! I'm excited to go to the craft show when I get off work! If you are in the area, I encourage you to go! Daleville High School, Sat. Nov. 14, 9-5.

Today was a wonderful day at home with family. I got to sleep in just a little bit. School was out because of Veteran's Day, and I had the day off from work. I made some delicious waffles for breakfast, got the paper, played with my sweet Chloe, and mom and I decided to go visit my granparents. I helped my me-maw decorate some for Christmas. She likes to get it up early!! Us girls went to some shops in their town and did some Christmas shopping!! :) I just love Christmas shopping for others!! I then came home, relaxed, made the Peanut Butter Pie, cleaned the dishes, BLOGGED, and now I'm going to get ready for tomorrow. I have math tomorrow :(. I dislike math with a deep passion...it's just not my thing.

I hope everyone has had a GREAT Veteran's Day! I hope you have taken time to thank God today for all the men and women who have faught for our country and those who are still fighting. Let's not forget to lift up their families as well!

Have a great end of the week!

-Lindsay

6 comments:

  1. Okay, that sounds AMAZING and look DELISH!!!
    I <3 Peanut Butter, espeically Peanut Butter Pie!!! Yummo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....thanks for the plug on my blog and the craft show!
    The tray turned out beautiful! I'm a good guesser! hahaha.....just looked like something I would do!
    Have a great weekend and don't work to hard...hope to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs.Southern Bride, it is amazing and delish! You should try it :)

    Cora, Your welcome!! Mom and my grandmother will be there for sure, and I will hopefully come after work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute blog! that chalk board idea is the cutest thing ever.. i just might have to "borrow" it =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love the chalk board! I am also going to have to borrow that! The pie looks so delicious also! Thank you for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete